The best online Debate website - DebateIsland.com! The only Online Debate Website with Casual, Persuade Me, Formalish, and Formal Online Debate formats. We’re the Leading Online Debate website. Debate popular topics, Debate news, or Debate anything! Debate online for free!

The best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun
in General

By ZeusAres42ZeusAres42 281 Pts
In regards to debate about guns, I hadn't really thought about this too deeply until now. The fact is though that a gun is the ultimate and most reliable way of self-defense.  As Sam Harris said in one of his articles:

Suffice it to say, if a person enters your home for the purpose of harming you, you cannot reasonably expect the police to arrive in time to stop him. This is not the fault of the police—it is a problem of physics. https://samharris.org/the-riddle-of-the-gun/

Of course though, even better would be someone that is well versed in using a gun properly and has had some experience in the line of fire. Hence why I am also for armed guards in Schools but not for arming teachers.

Zombieguy1987

The unexamined thought is not worth thinking.

Could not connect: User i2483808_vf2 already has more than 'max_user_connections' active connections